Monday, October 12, 2009

This Is How We Dream

I think that I am prepared, as a teacher, for the improvements that are being made in technology. I think that it is wonderful that technology has improved so much. You don't have to go to a Library in order to find what you need. If you do go to the Library, they still have computers to help you find what you need, rather than card catalogs. Technology has improved so much over the years and I think it is for the better. Computers have made education so much easier both for teachers and for students.

I do not think that the students will have a problem adapting to the changes in technology because they have grown up with it. Most students can't even imagine a life without computers and cell phones. Using computers is part of every day life in the world today. If students do not know how to use them, they can typically learn very easily. I think that my students will not have any difficulty writing with multimedia! I think that improvements in technology will just get better and better for education.

Since most things are on the internet, the cost for education can be much cheaper. If all textbooks are posted online then college students will not have to waste $300 on textbooks that they typically don't even use! I know the internet is not completely reliable (especially at USA where wireless connections are terrible) but having computer based assignments is a lot cheaper. Computers can be used for everything in education... and I think it is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment