Tuesday, October 27, 2009

ACCESS

What is ACCESS? ACCESS is Alabama Connecting Classrooms, Educators, and Students Statewide. The goal of ACCESS is to provide additional education to high school students in the state of Alabama. I think it is wonderful that ACCESS is helping low income high schools offer the Advanced Diploma and also AP courses for students to take. I do not really like that the classes are online because I think that high school students still need the classroom.

I don't think I will use ACCESS because I am going to be teaching Elementary School and ACCESS is for High School Students. I also don't particularly like ACCESS because the website was hard to navigate around. I went to Hoover High School, a school where money is not an issue. Hoover High School offers several AP courses and even the IB program. I guess I just am not as big a fan of ACCESS as I am ALEX because I will not be using it in my classroom and I graduated from one of the top academic schools in the state. I'm happy that the state is trying to make more schools like Hoover, but the low income schools also have the students that aren't as motivated in school, so I think it could be a waste of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment