Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Media Skills

I agree with the video, New Media Skills, that the skills judgement, negotiation, appropriation, play, transmedia, navigation, simulation, collective intelligence, performance, distributed cognition, visualization, and multitasking are needed to survive in the 21st century. I possess the majority of these skills. Judgement is used to personally decide what is right or wrong. Negotiation is used to work out a conflict with someone. Appropriation is used to budget both my time and my money. Play is something I do for fun so that I can relax. Transmedia navigation is all the social networks that I have joined. Performance is the way that I used everything in order to succeed. Mulititasking is a skill that EVERY person (especially students) must master! I use all these skills every day, whether I realize it or not!

2 comments:

  1. Good job Bailey. Please correct the word "realax". Where is my post #4? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely didn't even see post #4. I guess since it is not in bold it kind of threw me off. I will get it posted ASAP.

    ReplyDelete