Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Comments4Kids #1

Students in Mr. Goerend's class has written several blog posts for people around the world to read and comment on. I commented on five of the students blog posts this week. The first post that I commented on is by a boy named David. David suggested International Football Day. I love the idea of international football day because I love football. I told him that I am very upset that I will not be able to attend USA's last football game of the season because it is on a Thursday and conflicts with class. The second post that I commented on was written by a boy named Cody. Cody talks about National Hop like a Kangaroo Day. The origin of this day is really meaningful to a boy named Max who didn't have an option but to hop like a kangaroo. I told Cody that I'm sure that Max felt very special when he saw everyone else in his class hopping around just like he did. Kids who do things to cheer up their friends are really awesome people!
International flags globeThe third post that I commented on was written by a student who referred to themselves as MS5. MS5 talks about national dress like a clown day! The day sounds like a lot of fun and I told MS5 that it reminds me of when I was in Kindergarten and had a lot of fun dressing up as a clown for school one day! And since everyone was dressed the same, it was a lot of fun! The fourth post that I commented on was written by Anna. She talked about National Mime Day. The day originated when she lost her voice after screaming at a football game and had to learn how to communicate to the people around her through hand gestures. I told her that the idea is great because it shows people how difficult it is to communicate when you don't have a voice. The last blog that I commented on was written by Noah. His post was about eating like sumo wrestlers. It is a day where you get to eat all you want, put on sumo wrestler suits, wrestle, and then eat more. It sounds like fun, but I would probably make myself sick by eating a lot! I think all the blogs the students wrote where they get to create an international holiday that they would like to celebrate is a wonderful idea and lets the students use their imaginations!

No comments:

Post a Comment