Tuesday, October 27, 2009

ALEX

ALEX logo What is ALEX? ALEX is the Alabama Learning Exchange. The website is wonderful for teachers because it has the Alabama Course of Study, Lesson Plan examples, and Web links for teachers and students. The Alabama Course of Study tells teachers exactly what to teach in each content area based on the grade level. Not only does it tell the teachers what subjects need to be covered, but also gives lesson plan examples for the content required and helpful weblinks. The ALEX Website is wonderful for teachers of all grade levels to use as they are preparing lessons, especially since it is FREE!

I know for a fact that I will use the Alabama Course of Study section of the website to make sure that prepare my students for the next grade level. I think it is wonderful that the website offers teachers lesson plans to go along with the material. Lesson plans can be so time consuming and it is sometimes difficult to come up with good ideas, so I love the fact that ALEX is willing to share ideas to shorten the process some. There are also podcasts up on the webpage which can be really helpful to teachers. I will definitely use ALEX as a teacher and I recommend that others do aswell.

1 comment: