Saturday, August 22, 2009

Harness Your Students' Digital Smarts

I really like the way Vicki Davis is teaching her students to work with computers. She does not show the students how to do what they need to learn, but lets them figure it out on their own. I find it much more rewarding when I figure something out without being told step-by-step how to do it. I would sometime ask for help, but I like figuring things out on my own. I also like how she told the viewers that the students even taught her how to do things that she did not know how to do.

I think it was really good how Ms. Davis let her students teach other students how to do things on the computer. It makes the learning experience more fun doing group work and then it is rewarding sharing what you have learned with the rest of the class. I also think it is really cool how the students worked with students from all over the world using the internet. It really helps the students learn about other cultures by interacting with students worldwide and they can say that they learned something together and form a bond through their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment