Friday, August 21, 2009

Did You Know?

I thought the Did You Know? 3.0 video on YouTube was very interesting. It's also hard to believe how many people are in the world. It's hard to believe that during the 5 minutes it took to watch the video, almost 400 babies were born in India alone, about 275 in China, and 70 in the US! Numbers like these make the US population seem so small even though it has one of the largest countries in the world. If you are one in a million in China... there are 1300 people just like you! It is just mind blowing how many people are in the world!

It is really amazing how technology has progressed over the years! The number of text messages sent and received in a day exceeds the total population of the planet... WOW. I believe it because I know for sure that I send and receive 100-200 text messages a day and I know people who send way more than I send. It is crazy that everything I will learn how to do in this class will be outdated by the time I start teaching and need to know how to use technology! Technology is improving very rapidly and the video made it clear just how fast it is progressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment