Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Toward a new future of whatever


I thought the video, Toward a new future of Whatever, was really interesting and true. People these days use Whatever and Meh in every day conversations and it usually makes me mad when people use them without any other words. Whatever can be a very offensive word depending on the context; it can be used sarcastically, when you don't know what else to say, or if you can't make up your mind about something. I go to YouTube all the time when I need a good laugh because YouTube is full of funny videos that my friends and I always watch.
I think what Dr. Welsh says about videos on the computer is absolutely true. I know that when my group was filming our video cast we were really nervous because we had no clue how many people would see the video. It is really awkward just talking to a camera, which is why I really like Skype because if the person on the other end is on video, it is not like you are just talking to a camera. I like the idea of writing a few meaningful words on your hand because there can be really motivational messages for people to see. As a teacher, I know I need to get comfortable being watched by people because I will have a whole class looking up to me. Also, I think it is a good thing to incorporate video into the lesson to get the students comfortable talking into a web cam because our culture is turning toward technology more and more as time progresses.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent review Bailey. I really liked the way in included the video in your blog post. As with most anything, practice makes perfect. As an idea of getting comfortable with "taking to a camera", you can record your own video's and then watch them to help you improve. Just talking into a camera, you sometimes forget what your facial expressions are doing ;)

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete