Monday, September 14, 2009

A Vision of Students Today

I think that the footage in the A Vision of Students Today Video is very accurate about students today. I do all the reading that I need to do for class and most of it, at least in the core classes, is stuff that will not help me in life at all. In American Literature, we have been reading stories about slavery and it really does not have anything to do with what I need to know for my degree. I know that once I get into mainly education classes the information taught will be useful, but in Biology, American Literature, and Math I do not particularly need to teach elementary school. Yes, I still pay attention in class and do my work like a good student but many people don't show up for class at all.

I don't think that there are a lot of people that sit on Facebook during class like some of the students mentioned in the video. I know that I usually text people during class, especially Biology, because it is so boring and the teacher just reads the notes that he posts online. I think that technology is great in helping students in their classes but is also great in distracting students. It would be wonderful if textbooks were online because it would save students a lot of money spent on textbooks, but it could also cause problems with students and their homework. I am always on the Internet as I do homework and it does not have a bad impact on me personally but I know it does cause problems with several people and their school work.

No comments:

Post a Comment