Monday, September 14, 2009

Is it Okay to be a Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

I think that the Fischbowl Blog was very harsh. I think that all teachers need to know how to use a computer, but I don't think that ALL teachers HAVE to use technology to teach. I think it is the easiest way to teach and can be the most fun for the students, but I don't think that people should be required to teach through technology. It definitely is not something that a technologically illiterate teacher should lose his or her job over. Some people just are not good with computers no matter how many classes they take, so I do not think that teachers should be required to teach with technology and be threatened with losing their job.

Cartoon saying that he thought that computers are user-friendly
Technology is a great way to teach and learn. Teachers do need to know how to use a computer especially since a lot of schools are starting to use technology more and more each year. I think every teacher needs to learn how to use a computer and the Internet, but every teacher does not need to know how to use podcasting in their teaching. Every teacher does not need to know every little thing about computers and blogging, but they have to be willing to lose. I think it IS okay for teachers for teachers to be technologically illiterate, but their job will be much easier if they are technologically literate.

1 comment:

  1. EXCELLENT Bailey. Great job with the weblinks and ADA graphics. I love the cartoon!

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete