Monday, September 28, 2009

Can Wikipedia be Trusted?

Wikipedia Logo
Wikipedia is not the most reliable source for information, but I think it can still be trusted with certain things. I think that with most dates Wikipedia is correct because it can be proven wrong and it is not just an opinion. I think that Wikipedia can be trusted when you need information about a certain time period in History. I would back up most information found on Wikipedia with other research but the website can be a really good starting point when you are trying to find information. I use Wikipedia but I keep in mind that anyone could post anything on the site. I have not come across any false information personally, which is why I don't have a problem with Wikipedia but I know that there is misleading information on the site, which is why I do not use it often and use back up sources when I do use the website. After reading several blogs about articles that were edited by major companies on Wikipedia, I still think that Wikipedia is unreliable because things written can be misleading. So, if you use Wikipedia to get most of your information, be sure to do some back up research on the topic because it may not be 100% accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment